Wellness, Safety & Happiness
The wellness, safety, and happiness of our Sheboygan resort guests and visitors are of utmost importance to the Blue Harbor Resort team. We will continue to monitor available recommendations from the CDC and local public health authorities regarding COVID-19 and update our Healthy Blue Program as needed.
We want you to know that during this time, we are taking advanced measures to protect your health and wellness. To put your mind at ease, we want to share with you as much information as possible about the initiatives we put in place to ensure your safety.
The Healthy BLUE Program
- Increased the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout the resort in highly visible areas.
- Using EPA approved hospital-grade disinfectant used throughout the entire resort.
- High-touch areas are continually sanitized and disinfected.
- Utilizing electrostatic sprayers in high traffic areas including lobbies, elevators, door handles, and public bathrooms.
- Sneeze-guards have been installed at all registers.
- Asking all guest respect proper social distancing and utilize the floor guides when standing in lines
- Signage enforcing proper hygiene has been hung.
- High touchpoint areas including credit card machines will be sanitized after each transaction.
- We are encouraging only one family member to check-in at the front desk.
- Bell Carts will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- All returned room key cards will be sanitized before they are reused.
- All high touch areas in your room have been disinfected including light switches, remotes, and door handles.
- Our new Go Blue program provides you the opportunity to conserve water and forgo daily stayover service to limit any outside exposure once you arrive.
- All Food and Beverage Associates are completing the following training published by ServSafe and The National Restaurant Association:
ServSafe Takeout: COVID-19 Precautions (English & Spanish)
ServSafe Delivery: COVID-19 Precautions (English & Spanish)
ServSafe Reopening Guidance: COVID-19 Precautions (English & Spanish)
- Where available, tables will be spaced at least 6’ apart, and tables have a max party size of 6.
- All table linens are clean with hospital-grade chemicals
- Workflow plans have been redesigned in the kitchen and back of the house spaces so employees can maintain 6’ distance
- Cash handling associates and food handling associates will not interchange tasks wherever possible
- All linens, kitchen staff uniforms, aprons, and cleaning towels are processed and cleaned at the ONLY “Hygienically Clean” laundry facility in the state of Wisconsin
- Proper glove use and procedures are in place
- Social distancing signage in place for staff and guests in areas where necessary
- Routine and increased cleaning of air filters for all food control areas.
- Social distancing initiatives will be implemented for safe queuing for rides and attractions. Please utilize the floor guides and limit groups to no more than 6.
- The CDC states, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19”
- Tables, chairs, and loungers will be sanitized frequently.
- Tables and chairs will be organized to allow for social distancing.
- Lifeguard stations will be sanitized during rotation.
- Tubes and Body Boards will be sanitized frequently.
- Cabanas will be thoroughly sanitized between guests.
- ATM’s, Kiosks, Arcade Games, Mini Golf Clubs & Balls, and Pay Stations will be sanitized frequently.
- Rooms will be cleaned after each service.
- Cosmetologists & Nail Techs will be required to wear gloves while preforming a manicure and/or pedicure.
- High touchpoint areas including door handles, light switches, phones, counters, furniture, and lockers will be sanitized regularly.
- Lockers, vanities, and showers will be disinfect after every guests.
• Numerous meeting rooms with layouts focused on smaller groups
• Technology to incorporate virtual attendees
• Table spacing and meeting room capacities can be reduced to allow for proper social distancing.
• Food & Beverage stations can be arranged to allow for safe queuing and allow for proper social distance.
• All Blue Harbor Resort Employees handling food and beverage service will utilize proper PPE.
• All linen, napkins, and kitchen uniforms are cleaned with hospital-grade chemicals.
• High-touch areas are continually sanitized and disinfected.
• Hand sanitizer stations throughout the conference center in highly visible areas.
• No communal condiments will be placed on tables. Condiments will be available upon request as single-serve items.
• Clean linens will be placed on each table prior to each event.
• Condiments will be available upon request as single-serve.