Health, Safety & Happiness
We want you to have peace of mind when visiting Blue Harbor Resort. The health, safety, and happiness of all of our resort visitors and overnight guest are always of utmost importance to the Blue Harbor Team. At this time of heightened concern, we’ve seen our entire workforce embrace the resort-wide initiative to help put our guests and associates at ease with increased safety measures.
We are continually monitoring the situation and monitoring the recommendations from the CDC and local public health authorities.
We want you to know that during this time, we are taking this very seriously and the health and wellness of our guests and associates is our utmost priority. To put your mind at ease, we want to share with you as much information as possible about the initiatives we put in place to ensure your safety.
The Healthy BLUE Program
- Increased the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout the resort in highly visible areas.
- Using EPA approved hospital-grade disinfectant used throughout the entire resort.
- High-touch areas are continually sanitized and disinfected.
- Utilizing electrostatic sprayers in high traffic areas including lobbies, elevators, door handles, and public bathrooms.
- Sneeze-guards have been installed at all registers.
- Asking all guest respect proper social distancing and utilize the floor guides when standing in lines
- Signage enforcing proper hygiene has been hung.
- High touchpoint areas including credit card machines will be sanitized after each transaction.
- We are encouraging only one family member to check-in at the front desk.
- Bell Carts will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- All returned room key cards will be sanitized before they are reused.
- Traditional stay over service will no longer be available. However, we will deliver any additional supplies requested.
- If you need a change of linens or towels please contact the front desk and fresh ones will be placed outside our guest room door in a plastic bag.
- All high touch areas in your room have been disinfected including light switches, remotes, and door handles.
- All Food and Beverage Associates are completing the following training published by ServSafe and The National Restaurant Association:
- Where available, tables will be spaced at least 6’ apart, and tables have a max party size of 6.
- All table linens are clean with hospital-grade chemicals
- Workflow plans have been redesigned in the kitchen and back of the house spaces so employees can maintain 6’ distance
- Cash handling associates and food handling associates will not interchange tasks wherever possible
- All linens, kitchen staff uniforms, aprons, and cleaning towels are processed and cleaned at the ONLY “Hygienically Clean” laundry facility in the state of Wisconsin
- Proper glove use and procedures are in place
- Social distancing signage in place for staff and guests in areas where necessary
- Routine and increased cleaning of air filters for all food control areas.
- Social distancing initiatives will be implemented for safe queuing for rides and attractions. Please utilize the floor guides and limit groups to no more than 6.
- The CDC states, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19”
- Tables, chairs, and loungers will be sanitized frequently.
- Tables and chairs will be organized to allow for social distancing.
- Lifeguard stations will be sanitized during rotation.
- Tubes and Body Boards will be sanitized frequently.
- Cabanas will be thoroughly sanitized between guests.
- ATM’s, Kiosks, Arcade Games, Mini Golf Clubs & Balls, and Pay Stations will be sanitized frequently.
- Rooms will be cleaned after each service.
- Cosmetologists & Nail Techs will be required to wear gloves while preforming a manicure and/or pedicure.
- High touchpoint areas including door handles, light switches, phones, counters, furniture, and lockers will be sanitized regularly.
- Lockers, vanities, and showers will be disinfect after every guests.
• Numerous meeting rooms with layouts focused on smaller groups
• Technology to incorporate virtual attendees
• Table spacing and meeting room capacities can be reduced to allow for proper social distancing.
• Food & Beverage stations can be arranged to allow for safe queuing and allow for proper social distance.
• All Blue Harbor Resort Employees handling food and beverage service will utilize proper PPE.
• All linen, napkins, and kitchen uniforms are cleaned with hospital-grade chemicals.
• High-touch areas are continually sanitized and disinfected.
• Hand sanitizer stations throughout the conference center in highly visible areas.
• No communal condiments will be placed on tables. Condiments will be available upon request as single-serve items.
• Clean linens will be placed on each table prior to each event.
• Condiments will be available upon request as single-serve.
We will continue to make adjustments as more information becomes available to support the safety and well-being of our guests and associates.